Technology has been catapulting businesses and industries for over a couple of decades. However a late entrant in improvising existing practices with technology, the legal community is catch up on speed swiftly. We have seen how the global legal community now connects over the internet to form a virtual fraternity. Practices that once could only be imagined been performed manually now are getting digitized and some even automated, making the lives of our fellow lawyers and paralegals easier. All thanks to technology.
The rapid adoption of technology in the legal field has been made possible due to the swift and deep internet penetration and the global phenomenon of a digitized and connected world. The biggest benefit that technology has bestowed upon the legal community is the ease of access to information and e-Discovery, apart from the digitization of practices from financial management to client management and holistic law practice management.
Technology has today become an integral organ of the legal framework. So much so that even the leading law schools have started including legal technology in their curriculum, this has also evolved the face of law schools and schooling. The phenomenon has been witnessed to be followed in not just the technologically advanced countries like the USA or the UK, but developing countries of Middle East Asia, South East Asia, parts of Africa and South America.
Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, and Data Science are some of the leading technologies that have marked their influence in reshaping the face of legal practices and the ecosystem at large. Let us now look at some of the parts of legal practices that have witnessed a makeover by technology intervention:
- Litigation Management: Legal technology enables the consolidation of all case-related information in a systemized format on a single platform.
- Case Management: The centralized docketing system helps in keeping a track of all the cases, manages contacts, details, and documents related to cases and hearings, and makes the process more systematic.
- Contract Management: Now contract creation, execution, analysis, etc. is a lot easier. Error-free contracts are no longer a utopian concept, but a reality with contract management.
- Task Management: Automated task management feature helps lawyers and paralegals keep a track of the schedules and tasks on a single platform. This makes team collaboration simpler. It also helps automate redundant tasks to save on time and hassle.
- Client Management: Client communication, interaction, appointment scheduling, and other client-related processes are now automated over the digitized platform. This simplifies client management and offers an exceptional customer experience.
- Digitized Document Management: Cloud technology has eased many existing problems in human workflows. Digitization of documents, cloud storage of digitized documents, and information managing the whole lot over a single digital platform make work more streamlined and easy to perform.
- Streamline Cloud Storage of Data and Information: All data, documents, references, etc. are now stored in the cloud to enable easier access from anywhere anytime.
- Instant Report Generation: Running analysis and generating reports is now just a matter of seconds. Instant report generation has made life more breathable for lawyers, legal assistants, and paralegals who need not worry about the backend processes anymore.
- Financial Management: With legal technology in place, legal professionals can now track all monetary transactions, keep a note of financial records, billable hours, and process financial activities live invoicing, tax computation, etc. all over a single platform.
- Time Tracking and Calendar: Legal technology software also acts as your personal time-keeper. It logs timeline, clocks-in work hours, creates the project scopes, fetches insightful data, and integrates the calendars to keep a track of meetings, appointments, important dates and deadlines related to cases and hearings, and more.
- Notification System: Legal technology software integrates with emails, calendars, and other applications to set automated alerts and notifications so that you never miss a deadline or schedule, as well as keep you abreast of any updates and amends across projects and documents.
- Intellectual Property Management & GDPR compliance: A sound legal technology software lets you manage intellectual properties like patents, copyrights, trademarks, etc. in a streamlined way. It also helps you stay compliant with the GDPR guidelines while handling such delicate data and customer information.
If you are contemplating the idea of integrating your legal firm with technology and enabling your workforce to be more productive and efficient and wondering which legal technology software to opt for, celebrate, for your search has come to an end with App4Legal. App4Legal is a complete law practice management software that encompasses all the above-mentioned features and benefits and more. The add-ons like email integration for both Gmail and Outlook, or integration of the other work applications on your digital devices, etc. make it the most preferred practice management software. What is best about it is that it is extremely easy to use and self-explanatory in nature, the interface is very user-friendly for even non-tech-savvy legal professionals to use it seamlessly.
“The software is very flexible and extremely easy to use and offers a 360-degree approach toward practice management.” – App4Legal user.
“App4Legal has excellent case management system and eases day-to-day work. It further boosts our productivity and enables us to offer higher customer experience to our clients.” – App4Legal user.
You can now subscribe to App4Legal services and enable your firm and team with the power of technology by visiting our website at https://www.app4legal.com/ and selecting the best-suited package and add-ons. Our Technical Account Manager (TAM) experts are always on their toes to assist you with any technical queries and offer the best solutions.